JRTRO Adoption Form
"Our rescued Jacks are usually saved from abusive situations or certain death in shelters and for so many this is their first chance at having a real home, real love, food and care from a loving family. We feel that we must, for their sake, have a stringent process for selecting our adoptive families."
***PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO LIMITED RESOURCES, JRTRO CAN ONLY RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS THAT MEET THE CRITERIA BELOW***
To adopt one of our amazing Jacks, you can get started by completing the form below. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Before completing this application to adopt a JRT/JRT mix from Jack Russell Terrier Rescue Ontario please carefully consider these requirements:
1. You understand that JRTRO is run entirely by volunteers and although every attempt will be made to contact you as soon as possible about your application, allowances must be made for the fact that we are all busy people trying our best.
2. Jack Russell Terriers are an active, stubborn, independent breed and although they are really intelligent and cute, they are not a good choice for every home.
3. You are over the age of 18 and you have carefully considered the commitment required to care for a dog for its entire life, which could exceed 15 years.
4. The financial commitment necessary to properly feed, house and provide adequate veterinary care for a pet can be expensive. You have considered the possibilities of emergency veterinary costs arising and have a plan in place to deal with such situations. You realize as dogs age, their veterinary care requirements may increase and costs may increase accordingly.
5. ***EVERYONE IN YOUR HOME IS INTERESTED AND EXCITED ABOUT ADOPTING A RESCUE DOG.***
6. You are knowledgeable about terriers and understand their temperaments and personalities. You have plenty of free time each day to devote to feeding, exercising and interacting with a dog.
7. You have the patience necessary to train and rehabilitate a rescued dog. You understand that the transition for these dogs into new homes can take time. You understand you may have to house train the dog.
8. A home visit with a rescue volunteer will be performed, at which time all individuals living in your home must be present.
9. No intact male or unaltered female dogs are living in your home. Any dogs in your home are not dog-aggressive.
10 You have the right home environment for a dog:
- a fenced yard or contained area for exercise
- no children under the age of 8 years are living in the home
- Most Jack Russell Terriers do not do well in apartments, therefore each application received for anyone living in an an apartment (hi-rise or condo) will be considered on its own merits.
11. You are willing and able to keep the rescue updated on your dog once adopted by sharing pictures, videos and information via email or social media.
12. You have a current veterinarian or have a history with a veterinarian that can be verified.
13. You live in Ontario and are willing to travel to pick up a dog, if approved. The rescue does not deliver dogs.
***PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO LIMITED RESOURCES, JRTRO CAN ONLY RESPOND TO APPLICATIONS THAT MEET THE ABOVE CRITERIA***
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Best time to call?
Name(s) of other adults in the house and relationship to applicant (if applicable)
Please list the number of adults in the home and their ages:
Please indicate how many children are in the home and their ages:
Is anyone in the home allergic to animals?
Do Not Fill This Out